Join the kaDON team for these 60-minute workouts led by Emily Harada! Emily has been playing taiko for over 20 years with Ho Etsu Taiko, and served as a trainee with Taiko Center of the Pacific and Somei Taiko in Hawaii. With her experience as an Athletic Trainer, she has incorporated functional taiko movements into at-home exercises to keep us using our taiko muscles while our community awaits for a time when we can safely return to taiko-ing together!
“Hey everyone, let’s move our bodies in a way that mimics the physical aspect of playing taiko. This round, we’ll be focusing on odaiko and beta style, using full body engagement to exercise different muscle groups. I hope these classes encourage everyone to engage in physical activity in a fun way while we stay at home”
Here is what you can expect at each to focus on:
Wednesday, January 20 – Lower Extremity Connecting to the Core
Wednesday, January 27 – Core Connecting to the Upper Extremity
Wednesday, February 3 – Connecting it All to Generate Power
Wednesday, February 10 – Cardio Grab Bag!
Please note that all sessions will include full body movements, including jumping, squatting, lunging, hopping, floor work and balancing. Modifications will be offered for you to get the most for your body. Advanced options will also be available. Please expect to sweat, even more than last time.
All classes are one hour in duration with an optional 30-minute community hangout, starting at:
5:00 PM PT (Los Angeles)
6:00 PM MT (Denver)
7:00 PM CT (Chicago)
8:00 PM ET (Toronto/New York)
1:00 AM (London + 1 day)
2:00 AM (Berlin + 1 day)
10:00 AM (Tokyo + 1 day)
What do I need?
- Please read Emily’s 1-pager about taking care of your body
- Bachi, a towel, a chair, and a water bottle
- Some space to move your body (optional: workout mat)
- A device to connect to Zoom (link provided to registrants 1-day before event)
Important Logistical Notes
- Classes arerecorded with links shared to registrants for access up to 1-month after the class
- Each live class includes an additional (and optional!) 30-minute community-building hangout